Free high school student-athlete physicals will be offered July 22 and 29, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the free high school athletic physicals offered by Dr. Jeff Mulholland of Greater Pittsburgh Orthopedics and Mike Fronczek and Kylie DiMichele of Greater Pittsburgh Physical Therapy had to be postponed.
The new dates for the physicals are Wednesday, July 22, and Wednesday, July 29. Dr. Mulholland, Mike, and Kylie realize that during these unique times more of our student-athletes may need access to a provider for an athletic physical so they wanted to try and accommodate as many student-athletes as they could by adding a second date.
These physicals are only for QV student-athletes entering 9th through 12 grade for the 2020-2021 academic year.The physicals this year will take place at Quaker Valley High School in the area in and around the training room/weight room.
Appointments must be made by calling Greater Pittsburgh Physical therapy at 412-741-5121 during business hours. Please do not leave a message. Appointments will start both days at 4:00 p.m. and there will be 15 slots every half hour to allow for proper social distancing. The last appointment each day will start at 7:00 p.m.
Here are a few things to know:
- Student-athletes should enter the school on their own to keep the number of people in the area to a minimum. Parents should wait in their car. If you are needed, you will be called and instructed on the next steps.
- Student-athletes should have their PIAA physical packet with SECTIONS 1-5 COMPLETELY FILLED OUT AND ALL SIGNATURES IN PLACE. Not doing this could result in your son/daughter not being able to get their physical completed that day. Physical forms can be found here.
- Student-athletes should also bring a signed QVSD Athletics COVID-19 Waiver. Click here for the waiver.
- Student-athletes are required to wear a face covering.
- Student-athletes should enter the school from the rear bus doors and then go through the next set of doors. There will be “X”s on the floor to mark where you should stand. Please proceed to the next open “X”.
- Please do not show up before your scheduled time. We need to ensure that we are maintaining proper social distancing at all times.
Sports that Require Physical Exams:
Cross Country (Boys/Girls)